Does That Sound Impossible?
Hi, I’m Joel Runyon, I want to help you run your first triathlon.
Whether you’re an experienced marathoner who’s new to the sport, or you’ve never done a race in your life – it really is possible to do a triathlon.
In Impossible TRI, we show you exactly what to do in your first triathlon and how to do it. We take you from whatever fitness level you’re at right now to the other side of that finish line in 3 months.
A few years ago, I was right where you are. I wanted to do a triathlon but I had no background in racing, no friends who knew anything about it and no idea where to start. I almost quit before I even got started.
But I didn’t. I jumped in and decided to figure it out one way or another. Over the past few years, I’ve done dozens and dozens of races, made a lot of mistakes, learned a ton about triathlon, met some amazing people and done more than I ever thought was possible.
As I did my races, and shared my stories on my blog, I got question after question about how to do a triathlon and if it was really possible for someone that didn’t look like Lance Armstrong to actually do one. I began to realize that as more and more , they were asking the same questions, doubts and concerns that I used to have.
So I decided to do something about it – that’s why I created Impossible TRI.
When you’re starting out in triathlon, things can be confusing, intimidating and overwhelming. There are so many questions to ask:
- What Do I Need To Eat For A Triathlon?
- Do I Need A Wetsuit? Where The Heck Can I Even Get One?
- What Type of Gear Do I Need For A Triathlon?
- What Type of Triathlon Training Program Should I Follow?
- How the Heck Do I Deal With Transitions in Triathlon?
- What Type of Bike Am I Going To Need For My Race?
- How Can I Learn To Swim Better?
In Impossible TRI, I’ve partnered with several elite athletes to answer these questions and develop a training program that makes it possible for anyone to do a triathlon, no matter your fitness level.
So lets go to the details already – what exactly is in this thing? Let’s break it down.
Impossible TRI Triathlon Guide Basic Edition
Impossible TRI Guide
- The Different Distances of Triathlon and What They All Mean
- How To Sign Up For Your First Triathlon
- Proper Technique For Your Swim, Bike And Run
- How To Approach the Impossible TRI Training Schedules
- What The Hell Are Brick Workouts And Why They Are Important To Your Training.
- The Role Cross-Training, Core Exercises and Stretching Have In Triathlon.
Impossible TRI Training Schedules
Whether you’ve never done any sort of race before in your life, or you’re a competitive runner who’s done 10ks, half marathons but never attempted a triathlon, we’ve create three separate training guides specific to your level of fitness developed by 2x Ironman & triathlon coach Matt Soules (you’ll hear more about him soon). BOOM.
- Level 1 - You’ve never done a race in your life. But that’s all about to change. Level 1 workouts start with just 15 minutes of running/jogging/walking. If you can start to do that, you can finish a triathlon.
- Level 2 - For the average 5k runner. You’ll do a 5k every time there’s something to raise money for – but you’ve only dreamed of doing a triathlon. This triathlon program gets you started on the basics and increases your endurance so you’ll be sure to cross the finish line and start to realize what you’re truly really capable of doing.
- Level 3 -10ks, Half Marathons, Marathons – you’ve done it all…but never a triathlon…yet. This training regimen gets you up to speed in the other disciplines of triathlon and will get you working on your speed and challenge your endurance so you’ll be ready to go come race day and maybe even compete in your age group.
Impossible TRI Nutrition Guide
Impossible TRI’s Nutrition guide philosophy is simple. Real food = More energy. No need for the spaghetti dinner overloads the night before a race. By focusing on a real, simple food you’ll learn that you don’t need a Ph.D in nutrition to compete in endurance events without crashing and burning in the middle of the race. This triathlon nutrition guide includes:
- 3 Simple Steps To Clean Up Your Diet
- A Beginner’s Guide To Paleo Nutrition
- Why Carbo-Loading Isn’t All It’s Cracked Up To Be
- Two Race Day Breakfasts You Can Make Anywhere In The World In Less Than 5 Minutes
- A Guide To Gels, Beans, Chomps, Blocks, and other in-race nutritional supplements and the brands aavailable.
- 4 Steps To Post-Race Nutrition Recovery
Impossible TRI Gear Guide
SPOILER ALERT: You don’t need a $5,000 bike to get started. Bummer, I know, but your credit card will thank you. You don’t need to be a six figure exec to run your first triathlon, despite what some people would have you think. This guide answers all your gear related questions including:
- What you really need for the swim leg of the race.
- To Buy A Wetsuit or Not? Whether You Should, The Different Kinds and Whether They’re Legal Or Not.
- How To Get A Road-Worthy Bike For $150 Or Less
- How To Make Sure You Have Everything You Need For Transitions
- 4 Small Pieces of Gear That Can Make a Big Difference
Walk-Throughs, Videos, Checklists and More…
Race Day Walk Through Guide
We walk you through everything from the night before your race to the post-race buffet to help you prepare yourself mentally for what’s coming up next.
Comprehensive Triathlon FAQ Guide
All the questions you were afraid to ask are answered. Whether you want to know how togo to the bathroom on the course or how you’re uspposed to change. From the differences in equipment types to the basics of fixing a flat tire on the side of the road. We’ve got you covered.
Video Tutorials Video tutorials on everything from quick training-day breakfast meals you can make in 5 minutes, to your transition set-up, to race-day walk throughs, form tutorials and more. We do our best to help those visual learners out there.
Most Commonly Violated Rules List
A list of the most commonly violated triathlon regulations so you can study up and make sure you don’t accidentally disqualify yourself your first race
Race Day Checklist
Printer friendly checklist to make sure you have all your gear when race day comes
Impossible Tri Interview Series
- How Mountain Biking Got Matt Started In Triathlon
- How Triathlon Is A Learning Experience
- Why It’s Important To Have Heart Throughout The Entire Race
- How Encouraging People Can Help You Run a Better Race.
- The One Person Matt Actually Races Against.
- The Importance Of Knowing Why You’re Racing.
- Why She Signed Up For An Ironman Without Ever Doing A Triathlon
- The One Thing Going Through Her Mind As She Stared At The Water On Her First Race Day
- The Long List of Mistakes She’s Made and How They’re Unavoidable.
- Susan’s Advice For Ladies In A Testosterone-Fueled Sport
- 3 Insights She Wished She Knew Starting Out.
…But There’s More
Impossible TRI Elite Guide
For those who want more than just the basics, we’ve created Impossible TRI Elite guide. Impossible TRI Elite guide has an added set of practicality mixed with a solid dosage of inspiration in order to keep you going, even when you feel like giving up and going home. Elite includes everything listed above in the basic edition PLUS the following additions:
Impossible TRI Daily Workout Alerts
You’ll never miss a workout because you forgot what your workout was for the day.
- Daily email updates at 5am EST
- Custom workout alerts based on your personal fitness level
- 84+ Continual updates for the entirety of your 12 week training program.
You’ll spend less time worrying about figuring out what you’re supposed to do everyday and spend more time actually doing it. I’m dead serious about getting you to cross that finish line.
Impossible TRI PaleOMG CookBook
While paleo is sometimes called the “caveman” diet, but that doesn’t mean you have to eat like one – running through the forest looking for animals and food to forage. Paleo cooking can actually incredibly delicious.The Impossible TRI PaleOMG cookbook is made up of 25 recipes straight from PaleOMG’s chef extraordinaire Juli Bauer’s kitchen. They’ll not only be have you eating clean, but salivating to make your next meal. Nom nom nom. Boom.
Impossible TRI Extended Interview Series
4 Additional Audio Interviews & Transcripts of the following triathletes:
Jarie Bolander, 4x half-ironman and writer at EnduranceLeader.com.
- Jarie’s Transition From Sedentary Lifestyle To Triathlete.
- How Group Training Can Help Every Level Of Triathlete.
- Why “Practicing” Nutrition Is One of The Most Important Things You Can Do.
- The Importance of Being Relaxed Throughout The Race.
- Why You Should Tell Every0ne You Know You’re Doing A Triathlon.
- Jim’s story of how he transformed a self-described 320-pound “fat man” to an Ironman finisher.
- How Jim Stopped Putting off the Things He Really Wanted to do.
- The Most Embarassing Thing Jim’s Ever Done In A Race (It Involves a Blind Athlete).
- How Running Triathlon Helped Jim Climb Mount Kilimanjaro.
- Why Your Bike Really Doesn’t Matter.
Johnny B Truant, Entrepreneur, half-ironman and writer at JohnnyBTruant.com on “Edgework.”
- Why Pushing Yourself To Do Impossible Things Is The Best Way To Find The Limits Of What You Can Do.
- Why He Gave Up The First Time He Tried To Do A Half-Ironman.
- Hacking The Triathlon – How Johnny Created His Own Triathlon Race.
- Why You Don’t Need “Proof” That You Finished Your Race.
- How Perfection is the Enemy of Finishing and Why Mistakes are Inevitable.
- How To Start Triathlon When You Don’t Have Any Gear.
- Why You Don’t Have To Do Anything. You Get To.
- The Importance Of Scouting Out Your Course.
- How To Find Community In The Sport of Triathlon.
- The Importance of Simplicity And Fun In Triathlon.
Who’s This Guide For Anyways?
The Impossible TRI guide is for the new triathlete who wants to do their first triathlon but has put it off for way too long, is sick of making excuses and wants to prove it’s not impossible. Because there are multiple training programs based on your level of fitness, someone who’s never done a race in their life and someone who’s been running half-marathons for the past 5 years can both get training programs for their fitness level. The Level 1 workouts start with just 15 minutes of running, so if you can do 15 minutes of exercise, we’ll get you to be able to run your first triathlon. I promise.
Who Shouldn’t Buy It?
If you’re a pro triathlete or been doing Olympic distance races for a while, you won’t get much that’s preparing you for anything beyond what you’re already doing. The stories and the insights from the interviews with some of the athletes are incredible no matter your fitness level. But, if you’re a seasoned triathlete, while you’re more than welcome to pick up a copy for yourself, you might consider sending this to a friend or two who’s looking to get started. This guide is really aimed at those new to triathlon. Also, if you’re a die-hard vegetarian or vegan, the diet guide is based on the Paleo diet. It’s not impossible to do paleo and be a vegetarian, but paleo does have a tendency to involve eating a lot of really delicious meat. PETA members – you’ve been warned.
Can I Get A Preview of What’s Inside?
Sure thing. Here’s the first 15 pages of the Triathlon guide. It’s a small segment of the overall guide (there’s more than 23 different items in the Elite guide + training programs), but it’ll give you a taste of the guide itself and what’s inside.
Where Do I Sign Up?
All right. You convinced me. Where do I sign up? Click the buy now button to sign up and get instant access to the Impossible TRI Elite guide.
A Quick Review
This sounds good, and I’m almost ready to pull the trigger, but just to be clear, what’s in this again?
Impossible TRI Basic
The Impossible TRI Basic guide includes the following elements:
- Impossible TRI Training Guide.
- 3 Levels of Impossible TRI Training Plans.
- Impossible TRI Gear Guide.
- Impossible TRI Nutrition Guide.
- Matt Soules Audio Interview + Transcript.
- Susan Lacke Text Interview.
- Race Day Walk Through Guide.
- Race Day Checklist.
- Comprehensive Triathlon FAQ Guide.
- Video Tutorials.
- Most Commonly Violated Rules List.
- 60 Day Money Back Guarantee.
Impossible TRI Elite
The Impossible TRI Elite guide includes everything listed above in the basic version PLUS
- Daily Email Workout Alerts Delivered To Your Inbox (84 different workouts).
- Paleo Cookbook w/ 25 Incredible Paleo Recipes via Juli Bauer of PaleOMG.
- Jarie Bolander Audio Interview + Transcript.
- Jim Hodgson Audio Interview + Transcript.
- Johnny B Truant Audio Interview + Transcript.
- Hailey Manning Audio Interview + Transcript.
- 60 Day Money Back Guarantee.
- Free updates for 6 months.
The entire Impossible TRI program is digital. All the materials come in pdfs, audio mp3s, email alerts and online video. There are no hardcopies, no shipping costs and no hidden costs.
The Money Back Guarantee
If for any reason, you’re not happy with Impossible TRI, send me an email within 60 days and I’ll hook you up with a full refund, no questions asked. I’m confident that if you pick a race, and follow the program, you’ll be well on your way to dominating your first triathlon.
I can’t wait to see you cross that finish line.
There’s no special offer ending in 10 seconds that you need to make your decision – but you do have a limited time to do the things you really want to with your life. I do hope you decide to do a triathlon or something impossible that you’ve been putting off for way too long. Life is way too short to keep putting off the things you want really want to do. Whether or not you pick up a copy of Impossible TRI to help you to your goals – thanks for reading and supporting Impossible TRI and Impossible HQ.
Now go do something
- Joel Runyon
p.s. Remember, if you’re not happy with the guide for any reason, just let me know and I’ll hook you up with a full refund for 100% of your order. Boom.